The Communication Committee of the Wind Action Group works to raise the level of public discussion and interest in wind energy in Western New York. We will do so by the following means, among others:
- Establish, maintain and promote the Wind Action Group website as a source of accurate and interesting information
- Develop a presentation on wind energy and a speaker’s bureau to take that presentation throughout the community
- Generate artwork that expresses specific concepts regarding wind energy in a way that captures the public imagination
- Quickly engage and positively balance out any unbalanced or prejudiced information that is broadcast regarding wind energy
- Carry out a public awareness campaign on wind energy that weaves these approaches together and maximizes their impact.
We are looking for volunteers, especially artists and people with backgrounds in PR, advertising, writing and public speaking. Meetings of the full committee will be monthly.
If you are interested in helping the Communication Committee, please email Derek Bateman firstname.lastname@example.org